Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You’re really lovely, underneath it all

I haven't had anything to post in a while, because nothing has really come to me. Typically I wait until I have something funny to say. Not this time. This post is purely about bragging. Friday night I saw No Doubt perform at the Hard Rock. (And, for those of you keeping track, that is check one for the twelve concerts I will see this year.) It was magic.

Side bar tangent about Hard Rock: I hate the new Joint at Hard Rock. The old Joint at Hard Rock had a great set up, and usually reasonably priced tickets, but a terrible sound system. So, to correct this problem, the genius team at Hard Rock decided to eat up all of their parking and spend $60 million to construct the monstrosity that is the new Joint. The set up is terrible, and the tickets are now super expensive for all shows, but yes, it has a great sound system. You could have saved a couple million by revamping the old Joint sound system, and all would be right with the world. Way to create value for your shareholders. (Side bar tangent over.)

The show had everything you would want: the lipstick, the eyelashes, the outfits, the dancing, the patented push-ups before “Just a Girl”, the singing all songs without even sounding winded , Adrian Young wearing a tutu and not much else. They played all the old stuff, and pretty much hit on all my favorite songs. What more can a girl ask for?

I shall divide the concert into 3 areas, because this is the number of costume changes Gwen had during the set. Outfit #1 is an updated version of the track pants and halter tops worn in the early 90’s, also known as check out how amazing my abs are, even though I have given birth to two children. And, I am 40. No joke, she had an 8-pack. Amazing.




Outfit #2 is the sequined jumper, which I guess we can all expect to see in the fall LAMB clothing line. I bet Randi from SYTYCD is salivating to get her hands on this little number. But, as always, Gwen looks amazing in it, and makes me wonder if I can pull off a sequined jumper at work.




Outfit #3 is bringing back acid wash jeans with a vengeance. I actually remember seeing her wear this on some talk show, and thinking, on anyone else I would hate that, but on Gwen, I don’t care. I love it. This is her superpower.




So, be jealous. I would be if I were you.

6 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

I am so jealous!

PriceFamily said...

if only i had spend my money on concerts such as No Doubt and not on a house. i am jealous!

rychelle said...

see how she has tights on under that jumper? totally makes it work appropriate!

i'm thinking we should become concert club members in addition to book club members. ;)

cropstar said...

it's like you're purposly trying to break my heart by posting this. yes, i'm so jealous that it's lit'rally breaking my heart.

The Black Widow said...

Rychelle, of course we can be concert club members as well! Concerts happen to be my favorite activity!

Chase and Melissa said...

Do I think sequined jumper = appropriate work attire for Tifani? Absolutely I do :)