Monday, September 21, 2009

But I NEED it!

On Saturday night, after attending an amazing wedding reception, where they turned the church gym into a 50's diner, literally, Cropstar and I were unsure of what our evening plans would entail. That is until about 8:30 pm when we both realized at the exact same moment that we NEEDED to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in concert at the Pearl at the Palms. (PS - Best venue in Las Vegas.) Unfortunately, the show started at 8 pm! Gasp! We rushed down, got tickets, missed the opening band, but after buying matching T-shirts, were in our seats when the show began. The glorious show. The life changing show. The show where I realized my new life goal - to find an mp3 of the acoustic version of Maps.

Some of you out there may think this is a silly goal. This is where you are wrong. And I will tell you why. Karen O is the reason why. She is amazing. (For those of you unfamiliar with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, she is the lead singer.) Karen O is an original. When you see an outfit and wonder, Who in the world would wear that?, the answer is Karen O. She had on only what can be described as a Japanese inspired kimono onesie covered in geometric neon colored shapes, paired with yellow zebra stripped tights, and fringed shoes. For reals. And, she put on an amazing show where I might have thrown out my shoulder for all of the crazy dancing.

But, for me the highlight of the show was Karen O singing an acoustic version of my favorite Yeah Yeah Yeahs song, Maps. Some of you may be familiar with Maps because it is featured on the first Rock Band. But, you probably aren't familiar with this:



Now that you have heard it, I am sure you understand why it is my new life goal to own this song. I love this. I need this. This is my plea to the Internet universe - help me find the mp3 of this version of Maps! I have looked, I have searched, and video is as close as I have come. Help me Obie Wan, you are my only hope!

2 comments:

mama donk aubri jo said...

i am a new fan, thanks for the intro :)

Janae Walker said...

i really like that song! i just might have to download that one :)