I love live music. Apparently, it is my passion. I would see almost anyone in concert, except not Dixie Chicks or Garth Brooks, because I do have standards. The last week of September was a concert filled extravaganza.
Saturday night: Yeah Yeah Yeahs (see post below)
Wednesday night: Air Raid Anthem at the Beauty Bar, along with various other local bands. (Check them out on iTunes!)
Thursday night: Flogging Molly at the Pearl, best venue in Las Vegas. I love Irish rock.
Saturday night: The Killers in Salt Lake City. Simply amazing.
The show in Salt Lake City involved a road trip with my girls, which was pretty much as perfect of a weekend as you can get. The only dark mark on this perfect weekend was the reluctance of my good friend; we will call her “Hot Cop”, to arrest me. Background story. Hot Cop is an actual police officer, patrolling the streets of Utah, keeping us all safe. And, she carries hot pink handcuffs. I am a good, law abiding citizen who has never been arrested, nor do I have any plans to actually be arrested. This is why I came up with the perfect plan, a picture of me being arrested by Hot Cop, leaning up against the police car, being frisked, wearing the hot pink handcuffs. Funny for everyone involved, and a picture to show my mom and freak her out! Perfect! But Hot Cop refused! So, to provide Hot Cop some extra incentive the next time I make it to Utah, below is a list of actual laws in the State of Utah that I have broken. (All laws have been verified by the website www.dumblaws.com. And, the Internet never lies.)
1. Birds have the right of way on all highways.
When I was attending BYU I drove a red Bronco, and I am talking the full size old school Bronco, and it was amazing. One day while driving down I-15 with my brother and sister, a hawk went into a dive straight for the car. We saw it coming, and because of traffic, were unable to do anything to prevent the inevitable, and instead took our only course of action, which was screaming at the top of our lungs. The hawk hit the top of the windshield, bounced off, and landed on the side of the freeway where we can only assume he died. Because I failed to give a bird the right of way, I am a bird murderer.
2. It is considered an offence to hunt whales.
I think everyone is well aware of my pro-whale hunting stance. Sure, it is controversial, like a pro-littering stance, but we all need to stand up for what we believe. A few years ago, our family took a vacation to Tonga, and I don’t even have words to describe how awesome and beautiful it was. One of the most amazing experiences we had was the opportunity to swim with whales. And when I say swim with whales, I mean these large ocean dwelling mammals were 10 feet away from us. But, before we were able to swim with the whales, we had to first find the whales, which involved a whale hunt. That is right, in Tonga, I hunted whales. Another law of Utah broken.
3. Throwing snowballs in Provo will result in a $50 fine.
I spent 5 years of my life living in Provo, going to BYU, and was involved in several snowball fights, and threw MANY snowballs. And, I never paid any fines. I am sure there is a warrant out for my arrest on this one.
These are the laws of Utah that I have already broken. There are a few others I intend to break at my next available opportunity. Pictures will be coming.
1. No one may walk down the street carrying a paper bag containing a violin.
I have the violin and paper bag all ready. Just need the street.
2. Auctions may not be advertised by hiring trombone players to play on the street.
I have already hired the trombone player. And, I have my auction all ready.
So, Hot Cop, you can clearly see, I am a dangerous person, in need of a fake arrest to scare me straight. Hot Cop, take me away.
2 comments:
i shall start collecting bail money for you.
i can't believe i missed flogging molly! boooooooooooo.
Ummm....can i just say that you are one of my funniest friends and that makes me very happy.
Post a Comment