I have a not so secret desire to be a roller derby girl. Last June, Cropstar found one of the greatest discoveries and hidden secrets of Las Vegas... we have a Las Vegas roller derby team, the Sin City Rollergirls. I highly suggest you check out their website here. We attended our first match in June, and we were hooked. It just looked like so much fun! The skating, the outfits, the throwing other girls to the ground! We immediately started planning our training schedule so that we too may become roller derby girls. Step one was to buy roller skates, step two was to relearn to skate seeing as how I have not been on a pair of skates for years. Sadly, we have not kept up with our training.
But, last night, the fire was lit again inside, as I attended the first roller derby match of the season. It was all I hoped it would be. Unfortunately, I do not have pictures to share, for two reasons. First, my camera battery died during the national anthem. Second, my official life photographer decided hiking was more important than roller derby. I don't know what she was thinking.
So, I may not be ready to be an official roller derby girl yet, but thankfully Halloween is upon us and I can live out my fantasy. Those of you spending Halloween in Las Vegas will have the pleasure of seeing all 7 members of our team, Viva Las Vegas, out in force, skating up a storm. The question I must now pose to the blogging world... what should my roller derby girl name be? For those of you unfamiliar with the roller derby world, you should know that every roller derby girl has a name, for example, Ruth O'Dare or Rose Shambo. I was thinking of Private Dancer perhaps? I need help! Suggestions?
1 comment:
i think you should be the "black widow".
i know! genius right?! i don't know where i came up with that... it just came to me.
Post a Comment