Saturday, November 1, 2008

Don't mess with Eva Destrukshun...

Reasons Halloween was awesome:
1. Roller skates. Best way to get around, no doubt.
2. Mohawk. Life dream come true.
3. Michael Phelps. There were 4 at one party alone.
4. Fremont Street. No better place to wear roller skates.

This year for Halloween, I was 1 member of a 3 girl roller derby team**, the Viva Las Vegas. It was an excellent costume idea, and even better in execution, if I must say so myself. And, thanks to Melinda, I was able to have a mohawk, which is quite possibly the best thing I have ever done to my hair, and pretty much completed the look. My new goal is to figure out how to do a mohawk on my own. I need that look in my arsenal for special occasions, such as a concert or the upcoming company Christmas party. We topped off the night with a trip to Fremont Street to take pictures and skate around, which was by far my favorite part of the evening. People were shouting out to us, stopping us to take pictures, and they totally got our roller derby names. (I was Eva Destrukshun.) We did discover roller skating on Fremont Street is against a Las Vegas city ordinance, but who could have foreseen that?


All three members of our roller derby team, Eva Destrukshun, Megan Bleed, and Cobra:
Full body shot. That's right, those skates stayed on all night, and I didn't fall once.

Roller girls with Rod "Hot Rod" Kimball, Megan, and winner of the best costume award, Missy Earl as Teen Wolf:

The mastermind and creator of the mohawk
My favorite Michael Phelps of all: The backs of the team uniform, and a pretty good mohawk profile:Down on Fremont Street with a crazy guy:

Action shot. Look how graceful we are:

A nice profile of the amazing mohawk. Yes, those cornrows go all the way around, and no, the tattoo isn't real.

And, what my hair looked like after sleeping in the mohawk, wearing it under a hat all day, and then taking out the braids. I think it is a winner.

Overall, Halloween, big success. Good times had by all!

**For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with roller derby (Tyson), roller derby is a sport in which 2 teams skate around a rink and score points by passing members of the opposite team. The opposite team tries to stop them. It is awesome. There is a league here in Vegas, and we like to go watch them play, which is what inspired the costumes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tif, I am so proud to have you as my coolest ever friend!

jen and brody said...

This is probably one of the coolest blog posts ever! The hair was AWESOME! YOU are pretty much awesome. :o)

Tom and Sharlet said...

Hey Tifani, I found your blog and thought I would check in on you. Looks like Halloween was a blast. Love the costumes!

Janae Walker said...

our costume was sick! i love it :) that hair must have taken forever! you were definitely the best roller derby girl out there. but, i do have to say that reed was the best pumpkin ever (pics no updated on the blog for your viewing pleasure)...see ya in less than two months!

mama donk aubri jo said...

so so sweet! i am jealous!!! looked like so much fun!

PriceFamily said...

Of course they will share. They love their Aunt Tifani. =)