Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I have to be thankful for...

As today is the day before Thanksgiving, I was reflecting on what I have to be thankful for. I have quite alot. I really have a good life. However, in this post I want to focus on one specific item, I am thankful for friends with free concert tickets. I have one standing rule in life. If ever a friend calls and says "I have 2 free tickets, wanna go with me?", I respond with "Absolutely I do.". Every time. No matter what. This is how I was at an Eve 6 concert and had the lead singer dedicate "Superhero girl" to me, this is how I got to see Kid Rock and Rev Run do "It's Tricky", and this is how last weekend I saw the Backstreet Boys.

Apparently BSB used to have 5 people, and now they only have 4. I am sure one guy stole the other guys' hair gel or something serious like that. So, without further ado, introducing the BSB!!! (All pictures taken with my phone, so not the best)

Nick Carter!!! Bald Guy!!!
Guy I've never ever seen before!!!
Small fry!!!
They started out the show with a boxing ring, which involved alot of intricate dance moves involving holding onto the ropes. I wonder if that is any kind of metaphor for their careers?

They did all the cliche boy band moves. Dancing in a line. Dancing in a line with leather jackets. Sitting on chairs singing ballads while wearing suits. Dancing with chairs. The only regret I have is that they did not wear all white. That would have made my night.

These boys are getting old. To emphasize this fact, and to show how haggard they really are, they showed their old videos on the big screen while singing their old hits. Not a good idea.

Overall, amazing, but a little disappointing. I had no idea they had so many ballads. There were not nearly the number of dance sequences I would have liked. And, since most of their songs were slow, they did alot of dancing involving leaning, snapping, and swaying. Remember, this is coming from a girl who has seen NKOTB. Twice. Just for the record, NKOTB=awesome, BSB=not so awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

4 comments:

PriceFamily said...

Matt asked if you got free tickets to Eminem or Bullet for my Valentine would you go?

jessica said...

You're hilarious!

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

...I'd like to invite you to something next weekend...and it's free... 2 words... ZOWIE BOWIE!!!...yeaaaaah!!! Ha ha... CC told me all about them I need to get out and play!!!... I bet they can kick some BSB Bootie!!!... ha ha.. I can't wait to see the phenom!!! Have a great week!!!...

The Black Widow said...

Zowie Bowie! Zowie Bowie! YES!!! And, yes Krystal, I would go. Free concert!