Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good life decisions...

This week was a week of good life decisions.

Good life decision #1 - Starting a new job. I left a job where I was ruled by the Chinese (bad) to working for Americans (good). I also have a very grown up title "Director of Financial Reporting". I feel like I have accidentally stumbled into a career and have no idea how I got where I am, but I am glad and lucky and happy. It is going to be a good move for me (I think - I said that about the last job too.)

Good life decision #2 - Playing Singstar with Christy. I don't think I even need to explain more about that one, anyone can see how that would improve life.

Good life decision #3 - Seeing Flogging Molly in concert for the first time ever. I love love love them. This would fall into my top 5 concerts of all time (and yes, that top 5 also includes NKOTB). For those of you reading this saying to yourself "who is Flogging Molly?" I must scold you and direct you immediately to their website so that you improve your life with Irish Rock.

Good life decision #4 - Eating a pumpkin waffle at "Waffles", a new restaurant here selling nothing but waffles. (You would never guess from the name, right?) It was amazing, it had carmel syrup, whipped cream, powdered sugar. It has changed my life. For those of you in Las Vegas, the address is 5165 Fort Apache, near Trop and Fort Apache. I suggest you go right now.

So, obviously, good week.

3 comments:

Jess said...

So glad you had a good week. No scolding here, I love Flogging Molly. And, I can't wait to try the waffle place. Thanks!

Jess said...

By the way, I apologize for failing to congratulate you on the new job. Good luck with that. You will be the best "Director of Financial Reporting" ever.

And SingStar? It sounds like a lot of fun.

Janae Walker said...

we are going to have to go when we come to vegas! (to the waffle place, that is, because i doubt flogging molly will have another concert so soon in the same place - but i would like to see them in concert)how did your roller derby team turn out?